Sunday, February 14, 2010

Parting is such sweet sorrow, saying goodbye to Stevie

Yesterday, Emily made our trip to New Jersey. It was nice to get to watch some of the Olympics, but earlier in the day was a very emotional time (only kinda joking), as Stevie (my TV) said gave his farewell to my apartment. The trip was hard on him, he was blind folded by the fleece blanket I threw over his face, and bound my three seat belts in the back seat of our car rental. I assure you this was not an act of cruelty on my part - I did this for his own safety on the journey, since the box that he would have otherwise traveled was already my parent's basement. I probably also did this to avoid my own emotional torment each time I looked in the rear view mirror, because as I said before, I am only partially joking when I say that I'm mourning the loss of my dear friend and roommate. The picture above not only serves as proof that he has in fact been moved from my living room to the guest room in my parents house, but also as a memory of Stevie that I can come and look at online whenever I want. (Hopefully, I'm actually completely joking about that last part.)

On a separate note, I'd also like to report that I stuck to my rules on watching TV somewhere else. I did not take control of the remote at any point. On the other hand I would say that a temptation rating is not applicable for Saturday since I got to watch some TV anyway. Call it consolation the now Stevie shaped hole in my heart... I mean living room. :-)

Days without incident: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment