Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TV ATTACK!

In anticipation of this week, I was less concerned with being tempted to watch TV because, with work, I figured I'd be too busy to watch. I let my guard down... SNEAK ATTACK! As I walked into my apartment building I found myself a creature of habit. 
What shows have new episodes for me to watch today? Maybe I'll just watch some re-runs of Leverage... Oh wait! Heroes usually has a new episode by Monday... OH WAIT! I bet they all have new episodes for me to watch since it's been a while! Why has it been a while again? Ohhhhhh riiiigghhhhht... I gave up TV.
Hazaaah! Nice try Captain America (or some other intimidating force to be reckoned with - much like my desire to watch TV), but I've thwarted your attempt. But another sneak attack came later in the day when I got back from the pool. As loud as my tummy was grumbling, my first inclination when I walked in the door was to go pick up the lap top and bring it into the kitchen to watch some Hulu action as I made some dinner. SNEAK ATTACK... THWARTED AGAIN!

As proud as I was to put the my Captain America like nemesis in it's place, I thought - how sad is it that as hungry as I was after my workouts (and I was flippin' starving), my inclination was still to reach for the remote before the left over ziti and chicken parm. Sad, sad, sad. Some day soon, I hope, that inclination will subside - and when it does, I think I'll be seeing a lot fewer sneak attacks.

Today's temptation rating: 4.5

Days without incident: 15

1 comment:

  1. you are cracking me up! At the very least, your comedic writing has definately improved. I do believe that even your sister (best writer in the WORLD) would be a bit threatened. Stay on course, things do seem to be a-changin....
    Momma Bear.

    ReplyDelete