Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sometimes you're just tired

Part of the premise for this whole endeavour was to starting doing all the things that I haven't been doing because I busy watching TV. And yesterday I did stuff all day long - checked a lot of chores off the list. But after my run in the winter wonderland last night, my feet were blistered, my legs were sore and stuff, and I was just too freakin' tired to do any more stuff around the house. At that point, I was dying to watch TV. I had been good all day, I had a significantly challenging workout, and I felt like I deserved a little reward time.This is time I always used to look forward to because it was one of my only completely guilt free TV sessions in a week. I thought about all the shows I could watch - all just there on Hulu waiting for me to catch up with them! It was difficult, but I was able to resist, though it seemed like a totally pointless exercise of discipline. I mean what was I supposed to do with that time? I had dinner on my lap, sitting in a quiet and lonely apartment - TV was a perfectly reasonable means for occupying myself for the 45 minutes to an hour before Emily got home. I ended up going on facebook and vicariously catching up with some friends from high school. Did you know that my old friend Oscar went to see the Mayan ruins? I saw the whole trip. Also my first girlfriend just got engaged.
When Emily finally got home, we went down the street to one of our favorite restaurants - we always go there when it's a winter wonderland outside. (In case you didn't notice, this would be my second dinner on the day.) They have a fireplace that we sit by all cozy while we eat some mashed potatoes and look outside at the snow. (Consequently "The Fireplace" is also the name of the restaurant.) It was definitely a well earned sweet release from the torment of sitting at home NOT watching TV.

Today's temptation rating: 7.8

Days without incident: 9


No comments:

Post a Comment