Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A penny saved is a penny earned.

Last night Emily and I got our interwebs bill. (Interwebs is a wonderful word for internet coined by my friend Tracy Jordan of 30 Rock - it's just so much more fun to say, isn't it?) I got this sweet deal when we moved that was $19 a month, but on last night's bill it was magically $59. I called this morning to find that $19 was just a six month promotion. Oh well. So I asked, are there any cheaper options? TV ATTACK! Did you know it's actually cheaper to include basic cable with your interwebs? $42 vs. $59. Laughing to myself because I don't even have a TV, I agreed to sign up for the cable service that I knew I couldn't even take advantage of. But then, wonderfully, as Judy (my Comcast-savvy costumer account executive) and I were discussing the craziness of Comcast's billing system, she found a cheaper option! "Economy" interwebs. $24 without having to include basic cable in the package.

Judy kindly tried to warn me that this service is significantly slower than the "performance" package that we previously had, and that we probably wouldn't be able to watch Hulu or lengthy streaming video feeds. As I laughed to myself, I assured her, "Judy, my dear, this won't be a problem."

So in addition to the time I now have that is free from TV, we're saving $34 a month on interwebs... good deal. AND - even if I wanted to watch Hulu, at this point - it's likely that I no longer have the bandwidth to do so. Let's just hope I never test that theory. :-)

Today's temptation rating: 3 (Thanks to the my lower bandwidth, I know Hulu won't be as fun!)

Days without incident: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment