Sunday, March 7, 2010

A quality time do-over...

Last night, instead of watching TV, Emily and I had some real quality time together. We tried being strict about observing the sabbath last night, so she finished her school work for the night at around 7:30, and we went for a walk up to the grocery store for some bread and salad fixings. A light dinner of salad and bread made for very little preparatory work. We sat on the couch out some bread and salad and just talked.

Riveting right? The kind of story worth writing a blog, wouldn't you say? Well, it may not be a great and entertaining story to tell, but we had some really meaningful conversations about our future, and the ways we plan to serve God and challenge ourselves over the coming months. Really good stuff. The kind of conversations that are responsible for starting multi-billion dollar organizations - not really - but we definitely discussed some big ideas, hopes, dreams, etc. All of which had nothing to do with television.

This morning I got up and went to the pool, and Emily when to the pastry/coffee shop down the street to study. When I got back, she said she had some really good study time. She felt rested, relaxed, and very able to focus on her work. She wasn't stressed about all there was to do in the day, or anything - just a peaceful, joyful morning. I like that. My morning was fine too... but coaching is always fun.

Anyway, that's that I hoped would happen with the time I used to spend watching TV, and last night/this morning, I finally got to see some success!

Today's temptation rating: 3.7

Days without incident: 27? (As a math teacher, I really should be able to count this high without trouble.)

No comments:

Post a Comment