Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sick day productivity...

Oops! Yesterday I ran a little too hard - my hamstrings are SOOOOORRRE. There's so much standing and walking around with teaching, that sore muscles often feel more stiff and irritated at the end of the work day than the beginning. So, as a precautionary measure, to avoid the same disaster I endured last triathlon season, I'm taking a sick day to lay off of my hamstrings and let them recover they way the need to.

This is the only sick day I've taken in the last month, so it'll be the first one without TV. Were I still watching, I could guarantee you that I might get one, maybe two things done over the course of the day. Maybe a load of laundry, maybe I pick up around the house a little. However often times, the house and my life are in the same condition at the end of the day as they were at the start. And honestly, those activities will be so drawn out by the distraction of Michael Weston's latest client or Abed and Troy's latest shinanigans (scenes above and below are actually older shinanigans since I haven't seen their newer shinanigans... ....shinanigans :-)), that I'll actually get a lot less rest than I could really use.

Today will be different. No TV here! I've made a list of tasks that will keep me off my feet (mainly grading tests) plus a few brief walking around tasks to keep it loose... there's a nap in there... it's gonna be awesome. And this time, when the day is done, despite being off my feet, I'll actually have something to show for it!

My only concern is making sure that I have enough discipline to actually keep from watching TV...a whole day at home... new, unseen episodes on Hulu calling out to me all day long... God, help me!

Today's temptation rating: 6.8

Days without incident: 37

No comments:

Post a Comment